The new Annual returns reporting portal will allow you to generate reports relating to your annual
returns data as you would have on the old Microsoft Access System. The new system will allow you to
view data as it is entered into the system rather than waiting for all the data to be put into the
system. If you need help using the system then resources can be found by clicking the help link in
The Annual Returns Database is a vital management information tool that drives collaborative procurement within the Higher Education (HE) sector. The Annual Returns Database is used by consortia to collect and analyse the non-pay spend of their member institutions.
The software has been upgraded to a modern web based application which brings a number of benefits to the HE sector:
- Processing of institutional data has been improved
- The new online database, allows quicker access to your institutions data once it has been returned and processed.
- Searching has been made easier
- A simplified means of reporting, producing reports allowing users to specify the criteria and order the report in different ways.
- Good way of identifying areas for collaborative contracting and therefore potential savings.
The data has become increasingly useful as a means of identifying areas for collaborative procurement and therefore potential savings. The Annual Returns Database allows institutions and consortia to identify suppliers and commodity areas that can benefit from professional procurement activity at local, regional and national levels.